Visitors to Picton are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafés, spas, and gardens.
- There are 43 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Wollongong, NSW (WOL-Illawarra Regional), 29.1 mi (46.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Picton
Places to visit in the larger region include Trainworks, Tahmoor Regional Sporting Centre, and Thirlmere Lakes National Park. You'll also find Menangle Park Paceway and Australian Botanic Gardens in the area.
Below is a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Picton Valley Motel - With a stay at this 4-star motel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
Getting Around Picton
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from Picton Station. Picton might not have many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Picton
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 85°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 55°F
- From April to June, the average is 78°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 74°F during the day and 36°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 85°F as the daytime average and 47°F as the nighttime average
- Picton gets about 1.26 inches of rain per year
- January and December are usually the hottest months averaging 84°F, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 38°F