Visitors can enjoy all that Pinhel has to offer including its festivals. There are 48 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Viseu (VSE), 40.9 mi (65.8 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Pinhel
Places to visit in the larger region include Chapel of Marofa, Almeida Fortress, and Rodrigo Castle. You'll also find Trancoso Castle and Santa Maria de Aguiar Convent in the area.
As you plan for your vacation to Pinhel, you might not find the perfect accommodation centrally located, but you can select from 48 lodging options within the bigger area. Listed here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Casas do Juízo is located 9.2 mi (14.8 km) from the heart of Pinhel. This 3-star country house in Juizo features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia travelers love its breakfast and quiet location.
- Hotel Eurostars Fuerte de la Concepción is 16.4 mi (26.5 km) from central Pinhel. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Aldea del Obispo can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Palace Hotel & Spa -Termas de S. Miguel is 24.2 mi (39 km) from the center of Pinhel. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Fornos de Algodres can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
Getting Around Pinhel
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Pinhel Station. Pinhel may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Pinhel
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 64°F during the day and 40°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 89°F, while the average at night is 46°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 93°F with nighttime averages of 58°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 77°F and nighttime averages of 41°F
- Average annual rainfall for Pinhel is 19.61 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 41°F