Visiting Point Matira
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Point Matira, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the beaches and local tours. Tourists can also enjoy the city's parks and cocktail bars. Around the area, top sights include Coral Gardens, Mt. Otemanu, and Bora Bora Photo Lagoon.
- There are 9 hotels and other accommodations in Point Matira
- The closest major airport is in Bora Bora (BOB-Motu Mute), 6.3 mi (10.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Raiatea (RFP-Uturoa), 22.2 mi (35.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Point Matira
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Coral Gardens, Matira Beach, and Leopard Rays Trench. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Matira Point and Motu Piti.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Point Matira. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Sofitel Bora Bora Private Island - This 4.5-star resort features a private beach, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- InterContinental Le Moana Resort Bora Bora - Our customers like the beach locale and helpful staff at this resort. With a stay at this 4-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a private beach and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Maitai Polynesia - With a stay at this 3-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a private beach and 2 restaurants, along with a private balcony. Expedia customers like its beach locale and overall value.
Popular places to visit in the area include Mt. Otemanu, located 2.2 mi (3.6 km) from the heart of the city, and Bora Bora Photo Lagoon, which is 3.9 mi (6.2 km) away.
Dressing for Point Matira
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 87°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 74°F
- From April to June, the average is 87°F during the day and 70°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 84°F during the day and 69°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 86°F as the daytime average and 71°F as the nighttime average
- About 68.74 inches of rain falls on Point Matira each year
- March and April are usually the hottest months averaging 87°F, while August and July are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 69°F