Visiting Port Douglas
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Port Douglas, and visitors give high marks for the coral reefs and lush rainforest. Top sights in the city include Mossman Gorge, Great Barrier Reef, and Macrossan Street.
- There are 404 hotels and other accommodations in Port Douglas
- The closest major airport is in Cairns, QLD (CNS-Cairns Intl.), 33.3 mi (53.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Port Douglas
Families come for attractions such as Wildlife Habitat, Hartley's Crocodile Adventures, and Hartley's Crocodile Adventures. The rainforest and beaches highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Mossman Gorge, Great Barrier Reef, and Four Mile Beach. Top activities include exploring the coral reef and exploring the waterfront, while Sugar Wharf, Crystalbrook Superyacht Marina, and Shannonvale Tropical Fruit Winery are favorite sights to visit.
In Port Douglas, you'll find 404 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Peninsula Boutique Hotel Port Douglas - Adults Only Haven - This 4.5-star hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and bar.
- Lazy Lizard Motor Inn - Our customers like the beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms at this motel. With a stay at this 3.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Silky Oaks Lodge - With a stay at this 5-star lodge, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and helpful staff.
Other top sights in Port Douglas include Macrossan Street. Outside the city, popular places to see include Palm Cove Beach, 22.9 mi/36.9 km from the city center, and Skyrail Rainforest Cableway, which is 28.4 mi (45.7 km) away.
Dressing for Port Douglas
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 89°F and the nighttime average to be 72°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 85°F during the day and 63°F at night
- July through September averages 84°F during the day and 62°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 89°F during the day and 67°F at night
- About 81.65 inches of rain falls on Port Douglas each year
- Hottest months are usually January and December with an average temperature of 88°F, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 63°F