Visitors to Daintree are sure to enjoy the riverfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's rainforests and zoo. A top sight in the area is Mossman Gorge.
- There are 6 hotels and other accommodations in Daintree
- The closest major airport is in Cairns, QLD (CNS-Cairns Intl.), 52 mi (83.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Daintree
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and Daintree Mangroves Wildlife Sanctuary. Additionally, you might want to add Daintree Village to your agenda.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Daintree. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Red Mill House in Daintree - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- Daintree Riverview - Our customers like the helpful staff and walkable location at this lodge. This 3.5-star lodge features free parking, a café, and laundry facilities.
A top sight in the surrounding area is Mossman Gorge, 15.4 mi/24.8 km from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Daintree
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 89°F and the nighttime average to be 72°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 85°F during the day and 63°F at night
- July through September averages 84°F during the day and 62°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 89°F during the day and 67°F at night
- Daintree gets about 81.65 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually January and December with an average temperature of 88°F, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 63°F