Visiting Low Island
Those traveling to Low Island are sure to enjoy the sights to see and things to do. A top sight in the area is Mossman Gorge.
- There are 241 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Cairns, QLD (CNS-Cairns Intl.), 36.1 mi (58.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Low Island
A couple of favorite places to visit are Low Isles and Coral Sea. Additionally, you'll find Mossman Gorge in the area.
As you start planning your visit to Low Island, the perfect accommodation may not be in the city center but you'll find 106 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Port Douglas is 10.4 mi (16.7 km) from the center of Low Island. This 4.5-star resort in Port Douglas features 12 outdoor pools, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Our customers like its convenient parking and proximity to public transit.
- QT Port Douglas is 10.8 mi (17.4 km) from central Low Island. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Port Douglas can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
- Oaks Lagoons is located 11.1 mi (17.9 km) from the heart of Low Island. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star apartment in Port Douglas can enjoy access to 6 outdoor pools and free parking, along with a private balcony. Our customers love its proximity to shopping and spacious, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Low Island
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 72°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 85°F, while the average at night is 63°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 84°F with nighttime averages of 62°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 89°F and nighttime averages of 67°F
- About 81.65 inches of rain falls on Low Island each year
- Usually January and December are the hottest months with an average of 88°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 63°F