Find Hotels in Port Moresby
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Aug 19, 2018
Reviewed on Mar 2, 2020
Visiting Port Moresby
Visitors to Port Moresby are sure to enjoy the waterfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's parks, monuments, and spas.
- There are 17 hotels and other accommodations in Port Moresby
- The closest major airport is in Port Moresby (POM-Jackson Intl.), 2.1 mi (3.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Port Moresby
Exploring the waterfront is just one of the top activities, while Royal Papua Yacht Club and Port Moresby Golf Club are sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are PNG Football Stadium and Hubert Murray Stadium.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 17 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Port Moresby. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Airways Hotel - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 3 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and helpful staff.
- The Stanley Hotel & Suites - Our customers like the proximity to shopping and comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 4.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi.
- Grand Papua Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for Port Moresby
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 73°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 89°F, while the average at night is 72°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 88°F with nighttime averages of 71°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 90°F and nighttime averages of 73°F
- Average annual rainfall for Port Moresby is 46.73 inches
- Usually December and November are the hottest months with an average of 90°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 71°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Port Moresby?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Port Moresby, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Port Moresby?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Port Moresby?
What's the best hotel when traveling with kids to Port Moresby?
What's the best place to stay for a couple visiting Port Moresby?
What are some accommodations with pools in Port Moresby?
What is the best spa hotel in Port Moresby?
What is the best hotel near Jackson International Airport (POM)?
What's it like staying in Port Moresby?
What should I see while I'm in Port Moresby?
What's the weather like in Port Moresby?
Recent reviews of Port Moresby hotels
More trip options
- Port Moresby Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Port Moresby Airports
- Hotels near Popular Port Moresby Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Port Moresby
- More Hotel Options in Port Moresby
- More Popular Hotels in National Capital District
- Other Hotels near Port Moresby, National Capital District
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends