Visiting Pulau Besar
Visitors to Pulau Besar are sure to enjoy the beaches. The relaxing and tucked away setting also entices those visiting the city. There are 10 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area.
Sightseeing and Staying in Pulau Besar
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Pulau Beach. In the area, you'll also find Mersing Beach and Mersing Jetty Interconnection To Tioman Island.
As you start planning for your getaway to Pulau Besar, you might not find the perfect accommodation in the city center, but you can select from 10 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Below are places to stay in the area:
- Aseania Resort Pulau Besar is located in the heart of Pulau Besar. This 3-star resort in Pulau Besar features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Riverside Hotel is 0.9 mi (1.5 km) from central Pulau Besar. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Mersing can enjoy access to a 24-hour front desk and in-room flat-screen TVs.
- Sari Pacifica Resort & Spa Sibu Island is located 10.3 mi (16.6 km) from the heart of Pulau Besar. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Sibu Island can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Pulau Besar
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 88°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 73°F
- From April to June, the average is 90°F during the day and 72°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 72°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 87°F as the daytime average and 72°F as the nighttime average
- About 2.36 inches of rain falls on Pulau Besar each year
- May and April are usually the hottest months averaging 90°F, while September and October are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 72°F