Find Hotels in Pyeongchang
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on Mar 28, 2020
Travelers to Pyeongchang give high marks for the ski areas. Tourists can also enjoy the city's hockey games, mountain views, and water parks.
- There are 181 hotels and other accommodations in Pyeongchang
- The closest major airport is in Wonju (WJU), 23.6 mi (38 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Gangneung (KAG), 40.3 mi (64.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Pyeongchang
Attractions like Pyeongchang Donggang Freshwater Fish Ecology Center, Phoenix Park - Blue Canyon, and Yongpyeong Water Park are fun for kids of all ages. The city's natural beauty is on display at Cheongtaesan Recreational Forest, Barong Valley, and Odaesan National Park. Skiing is one of the top activities, while Phoenix Park Ski Resort, Yongpyong Ski Resort, and Alpensia Ski Resort are favorite sights to visit.
In Pyeongchang, you'll find 181 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- AM HOTEL - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- InterContinental Pyeongchang Resort Alpensia - Our customers like the central location and clean, comfortable rooms at this resort. This 4.5-star resort features a golf course, a casino, and a water park.
- The Story Residence Pyeongchang - With a stay at this 3-star condo, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour business center, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
Getting Around Pyeongchang
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from PyeongChang Station. Pyeongchang might not have many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Pyeongchang
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 55°F during the day and 25°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 76°F, while the average at night is 41°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 81°F with nighttime averages of 57°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 70°F and nighttime averages of 29°F
- Pyeongchang gets about 0.91 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 79°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 28°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Pyeongchang?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Pyeongchang, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Pyeongchang?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Pyeongchang?
What's the best hotel for a family vacation in Pyeongchang?
What's the best hotel for a romantic vacation to Pyeongchang?
Where is the best hotel to stay with easy access to Yongpyong Ski Resort?
What about the best place to stay close to Odaesan National Park?
What's the best hotel for a beach vacation in Pyeongchang?
What's the best high-end hotel in Pyeongchang?
What's the best golf hotel in Pyeongchang?
What are some accommodations with pools in Pyeongchang?
Recent reviews of Pyeongchang hotels
More trip options
- Pyeongchang Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Pyeongchang Airports
- Hotels in Pyeongchang Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Pyeongchang Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Pyeongchang
- More Hotel Options in Pyeongchang
- More Popular Hotels in Gangwon
- Other Hotels near Pyeongchang, Gangwon
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends