Visitors can enjoy all that Sado has to offer including the temples, monuments, and museums. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its zoo.
- There are 18 hotels and other accommodations in Sado
- The closest major airport is in Niigata (KIJ), 40.5 mi (65.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Sado
Cultural venues in the city include Sado Museum, Sado History and Traditional Museum, and Sado Nishimikawa Gold Park. The city is notable for landmarks like Konponji, Myoshoji, and Seisuiji. The city's natural beauty is on display at Sawada Beach, Sado Gold Mine, and Senkaku-wan Bay.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 18 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Sado. Below are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- TABINO HOTEL SADO is located 2.1 mi (3.4 km) from the city center. This 3-star hotel in Sado features free WiFi, free parking, and laundry facilities.
- Kohan no Yado Yoshidaya is 3.7 mi (6 km) from the city's heart. This 3-star ryokan in Sado features a restaurant, free parking, and a business center.
- YAHATAKAN is located within 4.7 mi (7.5 km) of the city center. Guests who stay at this 3-star ryokan in Sado can enjoy access to free parking and free WiFi.
Dressing for Sado
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 55°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 22°F
- From April to June, the average is 81°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 55°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 72°F as the daytime average and 25°F as the nighttime average
- About 44.68 inches of rain falls on Sado each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 84°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 24°F