Travelers to Sande will find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 44 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Sandefjord (TRF-Torp), 29.2 mi (47.1 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Notodden (NTB), 35.5 mi (57.1 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Sande
Places to visit in the larger region include Skoger Old Church, Andorsrud Hestesportsenter, and Holmsbu Harbor. You'll also find Holmsbustuene and Askestad Art Gallery in the area.
As you plan your trip to Sande, you might not find the perfect accommodation centrally located, but you can choose from 44 lodging options within the bigger area. Here are places to stay in the area:
- Thon Hotel Oslofjord is located 22 mi (35.4 km) from the heart of Sande. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Baerum can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Scandic Ambassadeur Drammen is 9.6 mi (15.4 km) from central Sande. This 4-star hotel in Drammen features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- Thon Hotel Vettre is 17.8 mi (28.6 km) from the center of Sande. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Asker can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its helpful staff.
Getting Around Sande
If you want to venture outside of the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Sande Station. Sande might not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Sande
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 41°F and the nighttime average to be 24°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 65°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September averages 68°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 53°F during the day and 27°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Sande is 1.26 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 65°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 25°F