Those traveling to Holmestrand are sure to enjoy the sights to see and things to do. There are 37 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Sandefjord (TRF-Torp), 22.4 mi (36 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Holmestrand
Places to visit in the larger region include Nebba, Holtnesdalen, and Holmsbu Picture Gallery. You'll also find Holmsbustuene and Holmsbu Harbor in the area.
As you plan your trip to Holmestrand, you might not find an accommodation centrally located, but you can select from 37 lodging options within the bigger area. Here are places to stay in the region:
- Scandic Ambassadeur Drammen is located 16.4 mi (26.4 km) from the heart of Holmestrand. This 4-star hotel in Drammen features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- Vestby Hotell & Gjestegaard AS is 19.5 mi (31.4 km) from central Holmestrand. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Vestby can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Wilhelmsen house Apartments is 17.3 mi (27.8 km) from the center of Holmestrand. This 3.5-star hotel in Tonsberg features free WiFi, a 24-hour health club, and a café.
Getting Around Holmestrand
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Holmestrand Station. Holmestrand might not have very many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Holmestrand
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 41°F and the nighttime average to be 24°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 65°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September averages 68°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 53°F during the day and 27°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Holmestrand is 1.26 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 65°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 25°F