Visiting Santo Antao
Visitors can enjoy all that Santo Antao has to offer including the volcano viewpoints, monuments, and beaches. A top sight in the area is Laginha Beach.
- There are 31 hotels and other accommodations in Santo Antao
- The closest major airport is in Sao Vicente Island (VXE-Sao Pedro), 17.5 mi (28.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Santo Antao
Notable city landmarks like Ponta do Sol Church and Turtle Square might be worth a visit. The city's natural beauty is on display at Topo da Coroa, Ribeira Grande Beach, and Tranquility Beach. Additionally, you might want to add Ponta do Sol Town Hall to your agenda.
As you make plans for a getaway to Santo Antao, the best accommodation may not be in the city center but you'll find 10 hotels and lodging options locally. Below are places to stay in the area:
- Questel BronQ Eco Lodge is 7.9 mi (12.7 km) from the center of Santo Antao. This 3-star lodge in Ribeira Grande features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free parking.
- Tiduca Hotel is 11.2 mi (18 km) from central Santo Antao. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star property in Ribeira Grande can enjoy access to a restaurant and a health club, along with satellite TV.
- Hotel Santantao Art Resort is located 7.8 mi (12.6 km) from the heart of Santo Antao. This 4-star hotel in Porto Novo features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Laginha Beach, 16.7 mi/26.9 km from the city center.
Dressing for Santo Antao
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 75°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 66°F
- From April to June, the average is 80°F during the day and 66°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 71°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 79°F as the daytime average and 68°F as the nighttime average
- About 0.08 inches of rain falls on Santo Antao each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 81°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 66°F