Visitors to Sarajevo are sure to enjoy the cafés and local tours. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its jazz scene. Top sights in the city include National Museum of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Ali Pasha's Mosque, and Eternal Flame.
- There are 158 hotels and other accommodations in Sarajevo
- The closest major airport is in Sarajevo (SJJ-Sarajevo Intl.), 2.6 mi (4.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Sarajevo
Cultural venues in the city include National Museum of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bosnian History Museum, and Sarajevo Tunnel Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Ali Pasha's Mosque, Eternal Flame, and Serb Orthodox Cathedral. The picturesque setting of Vrelo Bosne and Mt. Trebevic exemplify the city's natural beauty.
In Sarajevo, there are 158 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Guest house Halvat - This 4-star guesthouse features free WiFi, valet parking, and concierge services. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and walkable location.
- Hotel Old Town - Our customers like the central location and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Old Town can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Villa Bejturan - This 4-star apartment features free WiFi, free parking, and laundry facilities. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other favorite sights in Sarajevo include Cathedral of Jesus' Heart, Latin Bridge, and Gazi Husrev-Beg Mosque.
Dressing for Sarajevo
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 55°F and the nighttime average to be 21°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 78°F during the day and 36°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 67°F during the day and 26°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Sarajevo is 1.26 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 80°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 23°F