Find Hotels in Sarasota
Great deals on hotels, cabins, vacation homes & more from $67
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Oct 18, 2020
Where to stay in Sarasota
Siesta Key Village
4.5/5Wonderful!(282 area reviews)
One reason travelers love spending time in Siesta Key Village is the stunning beaches, and Siesta Key Beach is a top place to visit.
Saint Armands Key
Beaches and restaurants are just a few things travelers like about Saint Armands Key. A stop by St. Armands Circle is also recommended if you've got time to explore the area.
4/5Very Good!(911 area reviews)
Gardens, art galleries, and theaters are some highlights of Central Sarasota. Make a stop by Sarasota Opera House or Marina Jack while you're exploring.
4/5Very Good!(1 area review)
The beaches and restaurants are a few reasons travelers visit Sarasota Springs. Want to see more of the surrounding area? Sarasota Opera House and Ed Smith Stadium are a few top sights nearby.
If you're spending some time in Downtown, Sarasota Opera House and Florida Studio Theatre are top sights worth seeing.
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Sarasota, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, beautiful gardens, and entertainment choices. This city also attracts tourists with its art and museums. Top sights in the city include Marie Selby Botanical Gardens, Mote Marine Laboratory & Aquarium, and Sarasota Jungle Gardens.
- There are 3379 hotels and other accommodations in Sarasota
- The closest major airport is in Sarasota, FL (SRQ-Sarasota-Bradenton Intl.), 3.6 mi (5.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in St. Petersburg, FL (SPG-Albert Whitted), 30.1 mi (48.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sarasota
The city is well known for its art and museums, and cultural venues include John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art, Sarasota Opera House, and Florida Studio Theatre. Attractions like Mote Marine Laboratory & Aquarium and Big Cat Habitat and Gulf Coast Sanctuary are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for landmarks like Ca’ d’Zan, Historic Spanish Point, and Manatee Village Historical Park.
In Sarasota, there are 3379 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Waterline Marina Resort & Beach Club, Autograph Collection - This 3.5-star hotel features a marina, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and proximity to shopping.
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Nokomis Sarasota Casey Key - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and convenient parking at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Hotel Ranola - Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Downtown can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour front desk, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its beach locale and overall value.
Other favorite sights in Sarasota include Marie Selby Botanical Gardens, Sarasota Jungle Gardens, and St. Armands Circle. Top places to visit around the area include Fort De Soto Park, located 23.3 mi (37.6 km) from the heart of the city, and Salvador Dali Museum, which is 30.2 mi (48.6 km) away.
Dressing for Sarasota
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 78°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 51°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 59°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 90°F during the day and 72°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 88°F as the daytime average and 52°F as the nighttime average
- Sarasota gets about 53.01 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 90°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 53°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Sarasota?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Sarasota, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Sarasota?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Sarasota?
What's the best hotel for a stay in Siesta Key Village?
What's the best accommodation in Fruitville?
What's the best place to stay for a family trip to Sarasota?
What's the best hotel for couples in Sarasota?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation in Sarasota?
Where is the best hotel to stay near Lido Beach?
What about the best place to stay close to St. Armands Circle?
What are some accommodations with pools in Sarasota?
Recent reviews of Sarasota hotels
More trip options
- Sarasota Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Sarasota Airports
- Hotels in Sarasota Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Sarasota Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Sarasota
- More Hotel Options in Sarasota
- Sarasota Hotels by Brand
- More Popular Hotels in Florida
- Other Hotels near Sarasota, Florida
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends