Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Sauraha, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the safari tours and parks. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its lakeside setting.
- There are 68 hotels and other accommodations in Sauraha
- The closest major airport is in Bharatpur (BHR), 7.9 mi (12.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Sauraha
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the parks and Royal Chitwan National Park. Additionally, you might want to add Elephant Breeding Centre to your agenda.
In Sauraha, there are 68 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Green Park Chitwan - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Chitwan Village Resort - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Rhino Lodge & Hotel - This 3-star resort features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking.
Dressing for Sauraha
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 36°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 85°F, while the average at night is 49°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 62°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 82°F and nighttime averages of 36°F
- Average annual rainfall for Sauraha is 35.12 inches
- Usually June and May are the hottest months with an average of 85°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 38°F