History buffs will enjoy exploring Segovia, and visitors give high marks for the cathedral and top-notch restaurants. Walkable and rural, this city also attracts tourists with its gardens. Top sights in the city include Plaza Mayor, Segovia Aqueduct, and Segovia Cathedral.
- There are 54 hotels and other accommodations in Segovia
- The closest major airport is in Madrid (MAD-Adolfo Suarez Madrid-Barajas), 44.1 mi (70.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Segovia
Cultural venues in the city include Museum of Contemporary Art Esteban Vicente, Centro Didactico de la Juderia, and Museum at Antonio Machado House. Its historic sites and cathedral are notable and landmarks include Plaza Mayor, Segovia Aqueduct, and Segovia Cathedral. Other notable sights to explore include Monasterio del Parral and Alcazar of Segovia.
In Segovia, you'll find 54 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Eurostars Convento Capuchinos - This 5-star hotel in Segovia Old Town features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- Hotel Don Felipe - Our customers like the quiet location and helpful staff at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Segovia Old Town can enjoy access to a café and parking, along with free WiFi.
- Rusticae Hotel Palacio San Facundo - This 4-star hotel in Segovia Old Town features free WiFi, a bar, and parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and central location.
One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is La Granja, 6.9 mi/11.2 km from the center of the city.
Getting Around Segovia
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Segovia Station or Segovia Guiomar Station. Segovia might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Segovia
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 61°F and the nighttime average to be 34°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 86°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September averages 90°F during the day and 52°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 73°F during the day and 34°F at night
- Segovia gets about 1.14 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 35°F