Visitors to Shimla are sure to enjoy the mountain views. Tourists can also enjoy the city's temples, golf courses, and university setting.
- You'll find 205 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Shimla District
- The closest major airport is in Shimla (SLV), 6.3 mi (10.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Chandigarh (IXC), 37.2 mi (59.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Shimla
Notable city landmarks like Christ Church and Jakhu Temple might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the mountain views and such places to visit as Chadwick Falls and Craignano Nature Park. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Himachal Pradesh University is worth a campus tour.
In Shimla, you'll find 258 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Oberoi Cecil, Shimla - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and helpful staff.
- Wildflower Hall, In the Himalayas - Our customers like the helpful staff at this hotel. This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and an indoor pool.
- Hotel Marina - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Shimla
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 88°F and the nighttime average to be 45°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 102°F during the day and 61°F at night
- July through September averages 97°F during the day and 69°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 90°F during the day and 45°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Shimla is 33.07 inches
- Hottest months are usually June and May with an average temperature of 100°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 46°F