Visitors can enjoy all that Sibenik has to offer including the zoo, temples, and waterfalls. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its theme park. Top sights in the city include Cathedral of St. James and Krka National Park.
- There are 294 hotels and other accommodations in Sibenik
- The closest major airport is in Split (SPU), 20.8 mi (33.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Zadar (ZAD), 40.3 mi (64.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sibenik
Attractions like Sokolarski Raptor Centre and Medieval Mediterranean Garden of the Monastery of St. Lawrence are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for landmarks like Cathedral of St. James, Krapanj Franciscan Monastery, and Church of Gospe van Grada. The picturesque setting of Krka National Park and Krka Waterfalls exemplify the city's natural beauty.
In Sibenik, you'll be able to select from 294 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- D-Resort Šibenik - This 4.5-star resort features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and free breakfast. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Heritage Hotel Life Palace - Our customers like the breakfast and clean rooms at this hotel. This 4-star hotel in Sibenik Old Town features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free parking.
- Villa Rosa - This 2.5-star hotel features a marina, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and helpful staff.
One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is Kamerlengo Fortress, 19.7 mi/31.8 km from the city center.
Getting Around Sibenik
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Sibenik Station. Sibenik may not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Sibenik
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 60°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 42°F
- From April to June, the average is 83°F during the day and 49°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 86°F during the day and 61°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 73°F as the daytime average and 42°F as the nighttime average
- Sibenik gets about 1.26 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 84°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 42°F