History buffs enjoy visiting Sibiu though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, monuments, and mountain views.
- There are 53 hotels and other accommodations in Sibiu
- The closest major airport is in Sibiu (SBZ), 2.3 mi (3.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Sibiu
Cultural venues in the city include History Museum, Brukenthal National Museum, and Radu Stanca National Theater. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Holy Trinity Cathedral, Evangelical Cathedral, and Liar's Bridge. University life is a highlight in the city and campuses to tour include Sibiu Tennis Academy and Lucian Blaga University of Sibiu.
In Sibiu, there are 53 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Casa Nicolae Luxury Suites - Guests who stay at this 4-star aparthotel in Sibiu Old Town can enjoy access to free parking and a terrace, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its WiFi and comfortable beds.
- Hotel Republique - Our customers love the helpful staff at this B&B. Guests who stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast in Center can enjoy access to free parking and a terrace, along with free WiFi.
- Exclusive Hotel & More - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Sibiu
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Sibiu Station. Sibiu might not have very many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Sibiu
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 55°F during the day and 19°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 76°F, while the average at night is 35°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 79°F with nighttime averages of 43°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 66°F and nighttime averages of 23°F
- About 1.14 inches of rain falls on Sibiu each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 77°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 22°F