- Liked: Cleanliness, staff & service, property conditions & facilities, room comfort
Overview of Pacuare Lodge
Choose dates to view prices
Free cancellation on all rooms
Book with confidence knowing you'll have flexibility if plans change.
Suite, Garden View
Suite, River View
About this area
Located in Siquirres, Pacuare Lodge is in a rural location and on a river.Visit our Siquirres travel guide
- Catie - 60 min drive
- Earth University - 66 min drive
- Monumento Nacional Arqueológico Guayabo - 79 min drive
- Monumento Nacional Guayabo - 80 min drive
- Peralta Bull Ring - 89 min drive
- San Jose (SJO-Juan Santamaria Intl.) - 167 min drive
- The Nest rainforest venue – Garden-view restaurant offering fusion cuisine. Serves breakfast and lunch daily. Reservations required.
About this property
Food and drink
Special check-in instructions
- The front desk is open daily from 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM. <br />This property doesn't offer after-hours check-in. Guests arriving late won't be able to check in until the next morning.
- The access to the lodge can be done either via a 2 hour shuttle bus from San José plus a 30 minute 4x4 vehicle, or via a 2 hours shuttle bus from San José and a 1.5 hour whitewater rafting trip to the lodge. Contact the hotel for further information, using the contact details found on the booking confirmation.
- Pets not allowed
Children and extra beds
- Children 6 and younger are not allowed at this property. All guests older than 6 are welcome.
- Free rollaway/extra beds!
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
Property payment types
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Destination fee: USD 25 per person, per stay
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
You need to know
Government-issued photo identification and a cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- No onsite parking is available. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
We should mention
Property is also known as
- Pacuare Lodge Siquirres
- Pacuare Siquirres
Frequently asked questions
great 5* lodge
A great way to experience white water rafting effortlessly. The first day we were picked up in San Jose on time by one of the guides, who provided local country information during the drive. We stopped at lunch at a restaurant in the countryside with a nice view. At the river another guide Evan provided perfect safety info without being too intimidating. Rafting the first day was very mild with a nice short hike up to a water falls and pond for swimming. We arrived at the lodge with a short description of the facility, hot outdoor shower, and walking guide by Evan to a beautiful falls. The bungalow was 5* but no electric which was perfect with candlelight and flashlights. River rapids, Howler monkeys and other sounds serenaded us to sleep and we awoke to the same. Rafting the second day was more exciting and rigorous but we were prepared by the first days experience. Absolutely beautiful river! Excellent lunch on the river. Evan was an excellent guide with great rafting skills and our team was fun so we had a great time. The price was higher than other hotels but well worth the experience because the service was excellent. The Expedia price did not include transportation and rafting that cost the two of us an additional $280.
Pros: Perfect facility with extremely friendly and knowledgeable staff who did everything from rafting to wait tables to walking guides.
Cons: Not much. Take a small overnight bag because small bags go on a supply raft to the lodge. This should be emphasized for preparation
Location: We should have stayed a night in Turrialba to enjoy this rafting town