Visiting South Pittsburg
Visitors can enjoy all that South Pittsburg has to offer including the local tours, festivals, and churches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's restaurants and monuments.
- You'll find 238 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Chattanooga
- The closest major airport is in Chattanooga, TN (CHA-Chattanooga Metropolitan), 29.2 mi (47 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in South Pittsburg
Places to visit in the larger region include Bridgeport Depot Museum, Russell Cave National Monument, and Jasper City Park. You'll also find Marion County Park and Dogwood Hills Golf Resort & Gardens in the area.
As you plan your vacation to South Pittsburg, the perfect accommodation may not be in the city center but you'll find 22 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Red Roof Inn Chattanooga - Lookout Mountain is 18.7 mi (30.1 km) from central South Pittsburg. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Chattanooga can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Chattanooga-Lookout Mountain is 18.5 mi (29.8 km) from the center of South Pittsburg. This 2.5-star hotel in Chattanooga features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and comfortable rooms.
- The Smokehouse Lodge and Cabins is located 17.2 mi (27.7 km) from the heart of South Pittsburg. This 3-star hotel in Monteagle features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and convenient parking.
Dressing for South Pittsburg
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 67°F and the nighttime average to be 28°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 87°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September averages 87°F during the day and 53°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 67°F during the day and 29°F at night
- About 49.68 inches of rain falls on South Pittsburg each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 30°F