Hoping to experience all that is St. Andre Abbey?
Traveling there is part of the fun, as it resides 250 miles from the national capital, Paris, in an area called La Chomette.
You'll find at least 2 places to stay within a radius of 6 miles of St. Andre Abbey. You'll be able to find what you need at the Relais du Silence Domaine Saint-Roch and Hôtel-Restaurant La Crèche.
Only a short walk away from St. Andre Abbey, Restaurant Café La Fontaine (Place Saint André, Lavaudieu) is generally packed with starving travelers. Later on, walk over to one of the close-by bars. Hand-crafted cocktails and tart ales are available at Auberge de l'Abbaye (Le Bourg, Lavaudieu).
Other Places to Visit near St. Andre Abbey
Don't forget that there are also lots of other things going on in the vicinity of St. Andre Abbey:
- Domeyrat Castle is a fantastic place to meet with friends. You can even uncover something about past events while you wait!
- See days gone by come alive at Chateau Domeyrat where travelers can learn all about people, events and tales of olden times and combine historical data and details with a thought-provoking tour.
- Easily seen, Basilique Saint Julien de Brioude is an iconic part of the landscape. The church has an important role in the religious and social culture of the area.
- An iconic building as well as a place of worship, St. Julian Basilica is a must-see, no matter your religious beliefs.
- The Lace Museum is a good place to contemplate and appreciate some of the remarkable museum displays.