Visiting St. Gallen
History buffs enjoy visiting St. Gallen though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's breweries, monuments, and museums.
- There are 15 hotels and other accommodations in St. Gallen
- The closest major airport is in Altenrhein (ACH-St. Gallen - Altenrhein), 9.3 mi (15 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Friedrichshafen (FDH-Friedrichshafen - Lake Constance), 18.4 mi (29.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in St. Gallen
The city's cultural venues include Textile Museum and Beer Bottle Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like St. Laurenzen Church, Abbey of St. Gall, and Abbey Library of Saint Gall. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are St. Gallen Small Theater and Theater St. Gallen.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 15 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in St. Gallen. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel one66 - This 3.5-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking, and a bar.
- Einstein St. Gallen - Hotel Congress Spa - Our customers like the quiet location and clean rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 4.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and a health club, along with free WiFi.
- NewStar Swiss Quality Hotel - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and comfortable rooms.
Getting Around St. Gallen
If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from St. Gallen Station, St. Gallen St. Fiden Station, or St. Gallen St. Fiden Station. St. Gallen might not have very many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for St. Gallen
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 52°F during the day and 30°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 75°F, while the average at night is 40°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 78°F with nighttime averages of 51°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 62°F and nighttime averages of 33°F
- About 0.94 inches of rain falls on St. Gallen each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 75°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 32°F