Visitors can enjoy all that Stewart has to offer including the glaciers, seafood restaurants, and riverfront. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its museums. The closest major airport is in Hyder, AK (WHD), 9.5 mi (15.3 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Stewart
Bear Glacier Provincial Park is one of the places to visit in the surrounding region. Additionally, you can explore the sights and enjoy the activities in the larger area.
This is a top rated accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- B & B House Austria - With a stay at this 2.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free parking and self-service laundry, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast.
Dressing for Stewart
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 47°F during the day and 28°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 60°F, while the average at night is 34°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 62°F with nighttime averages of 44°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 55°F and nighttime averages of 30°F
- Stewart gets about 3.50 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 61°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 29°F