Visitors to Sumner are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's shopping, coffeehouses, and festivals. Museum of Glass, Puyallup Fairgrounds, and Emerald Downs are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 185 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Tacoma
- The closest major airport is in Seattle, WA (SEA-Seattle - Tacoma Intl.), 16 mi (25.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Renton, WA (RNT-Renton Municipal), 18.5 mi (29.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sumner
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Museum of Glass, Puyallup Fairgrounds, and Emerald Downs. Additionally, in the area you'll find Tacoma Dome and Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium.
Below is a top accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Suites Sumner - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and helpful staff.
Getting Around Sumner
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Sumner Station. Sumner may not have many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Sumner
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 55°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 33°F
- From April to June, the average is 72°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 77°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 65°F as the daytime average and 32°F as the nighttime average
- Sumner gets about 43.43 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 75°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 33°F