Visiting Federal Way
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Federal Way, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its entertainment choices. Around the area, top sights include Museum of Glass, Emerald Downs, and Tacoma Dome.
- You'll find 184 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Tacoma
- The closest major airport is in Seattle, WA (SEA-Seattle - Tacoma Intl.), 8.9 mi (14.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Renton, WA (RNT-Renton Municipal), 12.6 mi (20.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Federal Way
Favorite family attractions include Weyerhaeuser King County Aquatic Center and Wild Waves Water Park and Enchanted Village. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and The Commons at Federal Way is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Federal Way Community Center and Pacific Rim Bonsai Collection.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Federal Way. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle/Federal Way - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and WiFi.
- Courtyard by Marriott Seattle Federal Way - Our customers like the pool and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Comfort Inn Federal Way - Seattle - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and quiet location.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Museum of Glass, located 7.4 mi (12 km) from the city center, and Emerald Downs, which is 3.6 mi/5.8 km away.
Dressing for Federal Way
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 56°F and the nighttime average to be 36°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 73°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September averages 77°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 65°F during the day and 35°F at night
- About 37.44 inches of rain falls on Federal Way each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 75°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 36°F