Families will find kid-friendly activities in Tampere, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping and lakeside setting. Top sights in the city include Aleksandterin Kirkko, Tampere Cathedral, and Tampere Art Museum.
- There are 65 hotels and other accommodations in Tampere
- The closest major airport is in Tampere (TMP-Pirkkala), 7.1 mi (11.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Tampere
Cultural venues in the city include Tampere Art Museum, Lenin Museum, and Heikka Art Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Aleksandterin Kirkko, Tampere Cathedral, and Nasinneula Tower. Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Koskikeskus and Stockmann.
In Tampere, you'll be able to select from 65 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Lillan Hotel Café Butik - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia travelers love its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Forenom Serviced Apartments Tampere Pyynikki - Our customers love the central location at this aparthotel. This 4-star aparthotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Radisson Blu Grand Hotel Tammer, Tampere - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 3 restaurants and a bar, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and central location.
Other top sights in Tampere include Sarkanniemi and Kaleva Church.
Getting Around Tampere
If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Tampere Station. Tampere may not have many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Tampere
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 39°F during the day and 11°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 71°F, while the average at night is 25°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 72°F with nighttime averages of 40°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 50°F and nighttime averages of 15°F
- About 0.87 inches of rain falls on Tampere each year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 69°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 14°F