Visitors can enjoy all that Tarapoto has to offer including the forests, opera houses, and zoo. In Tarapoto, there are 77 hotels and other accommodations to choose from. The closest major airport is in Tarapoto (TPP-Comandante FAP Guillermo del Castillo Paredes), 1.8 mi (2.9 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Tarapoto
Notable city landmarks like Sauce Plaza de Armas and Castillo de Lamas might be worth a visit. The city's natural beauty is on display at Plaza de Armas de Tarapoto, Plaza de Armas, and Laguna Sauce Pier. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Centro Urku and IPD Moyobamba Stadium.
In Tarapoto, you'll find 77 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- La Patarashca Hotel is located 2.3 mi (3.8 km) from the city center. This 3-star hotel in Tarapoto features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Madera Labrada Lodge is located within 2 mi (3.1 km) of the city center. This 3-star lodge in Tarapoto features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Hospedaje La Carachama is 2.4 mi (3.8 km) from the city's heart. This 2-star hostel in Tarapoto features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
Dressing for Tarapoto
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 90°F and the nighttime average to be 72°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 67°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 67°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 91°F during the day and 71°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Tarapoto is 2.05 inches
- Hottest months are usually September and August with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 68°F