Visiting Te Mata
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Te Mata, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the riverfront. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its ecotours.
- There are 128 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Auckland (AKL-Auckland Intl.), 40.4 mi (65.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Te Mata
Places to visit in the larger region include Waiau Kauri Grove, Butterfly and Orchid Garden, and The Pinnacles. You'll also find Thames Historical Museum and Mercury Bay Golf & Country Club in the area.
This is a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Te Mata Lodge - This 3.5-star cabin features free WiFi, free parking, and laundry facilities. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and pool.
Dressing for Te Mata
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 73°F during the day and 57°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 68°F, while the average at night is 47°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 61°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 71°F and nighttime averages of 50°F
- About 49.25 inches of rain falls on Te Mata each year
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 72°F, whereas August and July are often coldest, averaging 46°F