Visitors can enjoy all that Tegelen has to offer including the monuments and restaurants. The relaxing and welcoming setting also entices those visiting the city. Top sights around the area include Borussia Park and Abteiberg Museum.
- There are 359 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Weeze (NRN), 18.2 mi (29.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Duesseldorf (DUS-Duesseldorf Intl.), 27.5 mi (44.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Tegelen
A favorite place to visit in the city is Chateau Holtmuhle. Additionally, in the area you'll find Borussia Park and Abteiberg Museum.
Below is a top rated place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Bilderberg Chateau Holtmuhle - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
Getting Around Tegelen
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from Tegelen Station. Tegelen might not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Tegelen
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 53°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 30°F
- From April to June, the average is 71°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 74°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 62°F as the daytime average and 35°F as the nighttime average
- About 1.10 inches of rain falls on Tegelen each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 72°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 32°F