Visitors can enjoy all that Tehuantepec has to offer including the beaches and museums. There are 4 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Ixtepec, Oaxaca (IZT), 25.4 mi (40.9 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Tehuantepec
Favorite places to visit in the city include Playa Azul, Tehuantepec House of Culture, and Guiengola Archaeological Site. You'll also find Las Escolleras Beach and Salina Cruz Lighthouse in the area.
As you plan your vacation to Tehuantepec, you might not find the perfect place to stay in the city center, but here are lodging choices around the area.
- City Express Salina Cruz is 11.9 mi (19.1 km) from the center of Tehuantepec. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Salina Cruz can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with in-room LCD TVs. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast.
- One Salina Cruz is 12 mi (19.2 km) from central Tehuantepec. This 3-star hotel in Salina Cruz features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Hotel San Francisco is located 12.9 mi (20.8 km) from the heart of Tehuantepec. This 2.5-star hotel in Salina Cruz features free WiFi, free parking, and laundry facilities.
Dressing for Tehuantepec
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 87°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 47°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 56°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 57°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 79°F as the daytime average and 47°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Tehuantepec is 45.71 inches
- April and May are usually the hottest months averaging 87°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 48°F