Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Jul 14, 2019
Visitors can enjoy all that Thanjavur has to offer including the temples, churches, and monuments. Tourists can also enjoy the city's art, gardens, and university setting.
- There are 46 hotels and other accommodations in Thanjavur
- The closest major airport is in Tiruchirappalli (TRZ-Tiruchirappalli Intl.), 29.8 mi (47.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Thanjavur
The city is notable for landmarks like Maratha Palace, Thanjur Brihadishwara Temple, and Airavateshwara Temple. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Sarangapani Temple and Saraswathi Mahal Library.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 46 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Thanjavur. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Ideal River Resort - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff.
- Mantra Koodam- CGH Earth - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Raya's Grand - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and room size.
Getting Around Thanjavur
If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Thanjavur Junction Station, Mariammankovil Station, or Poondi Kudikadu Station. Thanjavur may not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Thanjavur
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 100°F during the day and 73°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 103°F, while the average at night is 81°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 100°F with nighttime averages of 80°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 95°F and nighttime averages of 74°F
- Thanjavur gets about 32.99 inches of rain per year
- Usually May and April are the hottest months with an average of 102°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 74°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Thanjavur?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Thanjavur, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Thanjavur?
What's the best accommodation when traveling with kids to Thanjavur?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic vacation in Thanjavur?
What's the best accommodation for an all-inclusive stay in Thanjavur?
What are some accommodations with pools in Thanjavur?
What is the best spa hotel in Thanjavur?
What is the best hotel near Tiruchirappalli International Airport (TRZ)?
What is staying in Thanjavur like?
What should I do while I'm visiting Thanjavur?
What's the weather like in Thanjavur?
Recent reviews of Thanjavur hotels
More trip options
- Thanjavur Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Thanjavur Airports
- Hotels near Popular Thanjavur Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Thanjavur
- More Hotel Options in Thanjavur
- More Popular Hotels in Tamil Nadu
- Other Hotels near Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends