Tofo Beach is a good spot to visit.
It is 230 miles from Maputo, in a place called Tofo.
If you are into the idea of staying in the area, you'll find 2 nearby hotels. The Casa Barry Beach Lodge and Casa na Praia are great choices and they're within 2 miles of Tofo Beach.
Only 4 miles away is the Barra Beach Club, an excellent choice of accommodation for those among us who crave life's little luxuries.
With diverse and tasty menu items, Dino's Restaurant +Bar (Rua da Praia, Inhambane) is frequented by tourists in the area. Strike up a conversation with some of the locals over beers at John's Bar (Tofo Beach). This local bar is also nearby.
Other Places to Visit near Tofo Beach
Before you head off, get a taste of some of the other things to do that are not too far away from Tofo Beach:
- Head down to Barra Beach, casually walk along the beach, paddle in the water and breathe in some fresh air.
- Bag a bargain, buy a memento or savor some local specialties at Market.
- If the doors are open to the public, you can gaze at the minaret of Old Mosque from the inside.
- Inhambane Park has been deemed a special use area as part of community efforts to celebrate, preserve and care for this parcel of land.
- You're likely to see Cathedral of Nossa Senhora de Conceição at one or more points during your stay. As the area's largest Catholic church, the locals regularly gather here.