Visitors can enjoy all that Tokorozawa has to offer including the water parks, baseball games, and ski areas. Around the area, top sights include Meiji Jingu Shrine, Tokyo Imperial Palace, and Tokyo Tower.
- You'll find 61 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Saitama
- The closest major airport is in Tokyo (HND-Haneda), 25.2 mi (40.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Tokyo (NRT-Narita Intl.), 52.2 mi (84 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Tokorozawa
Attractions like Seibuen Amusement Park, Lily Park, and Saitama Sports Center are fun for kids of all ages. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Tokorozawa Aviation Museum and Tamonin Shrine.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Tokorozawa. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Tokorozawa Park Hotel - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and proximity to shopping.
- The BED & SPA TOKOROZAWA - Caters to Men - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a 24-hour fitness center, along with free WiFi.
Top places to see outside the city include Meiji Jingu Shrine, 16 mi/25.8 km from the city center, and Tokyo Imperial Palace, which is 18.5 mi (29.7 km) away.
Getting Around Tokorozawa
If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Kokukoen Station, Shin Tokorozawa Station, or Kotesashi station. Tokorozawa may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Tokorozawa
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 61°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 26°F
- From April to June, the average is 80°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 57°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 71°F as the daytime average and 28°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Tokorozawa is 1.50 inches
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 28°F