Visitors can enjoy all that Trabzon has to offer including the temples, churches, and mountain views. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its basketball games. Top sights in the city include Hagia Sophia and Ataturk's Mansion.
- There are 155 hotels and other accommodations in Trabzon
- The closest major airport is in Trabzon (TZX), 4.3 mi (6.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Trabzon
The city is notable for landmarks like Hagia Sophia, Ataturk's Mansion, and Kaymakli Monastery. The city's natural beauty is on display at Boztepe Park, Zagnos Vadisi Park, and Tabzon Meydon Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Kalkınma Mahallesi Cami and Karadeniz Technical University.
In Trabzon, you'll find 155 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Panagia Suite Hotel - Amenities at this hotel include 2 restaurants and an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Otel Tahir Aga Konagi - Our customers like the helpful staff and proximity to public transit at this hotel. Amenities at this hotel include free breakfast and free WiFi.
- Usta Park Hotel - This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its convenient parking.
One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is Sumela Monastery, 16.4 mi/26.4 km from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Trabzon
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 55°F and the nighttime average to be 40°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 76°F during the day and 45°F at night
- July through September averages 80°F during the day and 59°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 70°F during the day and 43°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Trabzon is 33.54 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 78°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 41°F