*Expedia’s “#TravelTheAds” Sweepstakes
In these Official Rules, the term “you” refers to any person who enters, or who wishes to enter, the Sweepstakes.
- Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Expedia, Inc., 1111 Expedia Group Way W., WA 98119 (“Sponsor”) and is administered by PrizeLogic, LLC, (“Administrator”), Two Towne Square, Suite 200, Southfield, MI 48076.
- Agreement to Official Rules: By entering, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to (a) these Official Rules and (b) Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins at 3:30 PM PT and ends at 11:59 PM PT on February 13, 2022. The Sweepstakes Period will include two (2) entry periods as outlined in the chart below (each, an “Entry Period”). Entries (defined below) submitted and received during any given Entry Period will be carried over into any subsequent Entry Period(s). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
||3:30 PM PST
||6:29 PM PST
||6:30 PM PST
||11:59 PM PST
- How to Enter: If you don’t already follow @Expedia on Twitter, visit http://twitter.com/Expedia and click on the icon to follow @Expedia. Once you are following @Expedia:
There is a limit of twenty (20) entries per person regardless of Entry Period. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Twitter account. If you attempt to obtain more than twenty (20) entries by using multiple/different Twitter accounts, identities, registrations, or logins, or through any other methods, Sponsor may exclude you from participating in the Sweepstakes.
- Quote Retweet a tweet from Expedia on @Expedia relating to the commercial spots airing during an Entry Period; and
- Include the hashtag #TravelTheAds.
- Drawing: After the Sweepstakes Period, on February 14, 2022, Administrator will select nineteen (19) potential First Prize winners and one (1) potential Grand Prize winner in a random drawing of all entries received. Only one (1) prize per person to be awarded. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received for the Sweepstakes Period.
- Notification and Requirements of Potential Winners: The potential winners are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. After the random drawing, Administrator will notify the potential winners via direct message asking such potential winner to provide their full name, telephone number (including area code), mail and/or e-mail address. Potential winners will have forty-eight (48) hours to respond to the direct message. Administrator will reply to potential winner at the email address provided with an Affidavit of Eligibility and, where lawful, Liability/Publicity Release (collectively, “Affidavits and Releases”), to be signed by such potential winner and returned as directed. In order to receive a direct message from Administrator, you must (a) be following @Expedia and (b) have your account settings set to “unprotected” and/or “public.” Requested documents shall be returned within seven (7) calendar days from the date of attempted notification or the prize may be forfeited in its entirety and awarded to an alternate winner, at the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Failure to respond to the direct message or to provide all required information and a signature on the documents within the stated time period may result in forfeiture of a winner’s right to claim his/her prize, and may result in the prize being awarded to an alternate winner, if time permits. Only two (2) alternate entrants will be contacted. If the potential winner is disqualified, found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, declines to accept a prize, the respective prize may be forfeited. If the prize is forfeited, the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner, selected in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If, after a good-faith attempt, Sponsor is unable to award or deliver the prize, the prize may not be re-awarded. Any portion of a prize not accepted by a winner will be forfeited. The winner shall be solely responsible for payment of any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes for his/her prize won. Sponsor will issue an IRS Form 1099-MISC for the winner. All other costs and expenses not expressly set forth herein shall be solely each winner’s responsibility.
Administrator will attempt to notify each potential winner as set forth above, but Administrator is not responsible for any undelivered e-mails, including without limitation e-mails that are not received because of a winner’s privacy or spam filter settings which may divert any Sweepstakes e-mail, including any winner notification e-mail, to a spam or junk folder. Prizes that are unclaimed, unredeemed, or returned as undeliverable will not be awarded. Prize is non-transferable and no prize substitution, exchange or cash equivalent will be allowed, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in case of unavailability of the prize or force majeure, at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Sponsor or Administrator shall not be held responsible for any delays in awarding the prize for any reason.
- Prizes: For Entry Period No. 1, nineteen (19) winners will each receive a one-time award of 500,000 Expedia Rewards Points deposited into winner’s Reward Account (“First Prize”). A First Prize has an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of $5,000 USD. Total ARV of all First prizes is $95,000 USD.
For Entry Period No. 2, one (1) winner will receive a one-time award of 2,500,000 Expedia Rewards Points deposited into winner’s Reward Account (“Grand Prize”). Grand Prize has an ARV of $25,000 USD.
Total ARV of all prizes is $120,000 USD.
The Expedia Rewards Points will be deposited within thirty (30) days after winner acceptance of Prize and will expire 18 months from the date of the deposit. Rewards Points awarded to a winner are subject to terms and conditions of the Expedia Rewards program (Expedia Rewards Terms and Conditions).
Points can be redeemed for Redemption Rewards which are subject to availability and restrictions of the relevant supplier as specified on the Expedia Site. Points cannot be redeemed for cash and have no cash value. Points cannot be combined with any other certificates, coupons, discounts, upgrades, awards, or promotions. Points cannot be redeemed on stand-alone flights or cruises, insurance, or other exclusions as listed under each category in the Expedia Rewards Terms and Conditions. Redemption Rewards are offered as promotional items and are void if sold for cash or other consideration, or if altered or copied, and cannot be reissued if destroyed, lost, or stolen. Redemption Rewards are not valid where prohibited by law.
The value of a booking is not refundable. Bookings are subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by issuer. Certain travel restrictions may apply. Actual value of a Prize may vary based on destination, rates at time of booking and travel dates. Any difference between stated ARV and actual value will not be awarded. Winner is responsible for obtaining any required necessary documentation (i.e., valid passport, visas, etc.) prior to travel.
Winners are responsible for paying any applicable federal, state, local, income and withholding taxes, if any, and any and all other costs and expenses not listed herein as being provided, including but not limited to travel documents (i.e., passport and/or visa applications, if required), travel insurance, stand-alone flights, cruises, ground transportation not able to be purchased Expedia, luggage fees, meals, beverages, hotel incidentals, souvenirs and gratuities. In the event that any tax withholding is required by law for a prize, winner authorizes Sponsor to make the corresponding deduction. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Sponsor will not be liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellations or delays. Sponsor will not be liable for any airline and/or hotel fees incurred as a consequence of changing or cancelling flight and/or hotel reservations. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes or prize components. A winner may not transfer, assign or substitute a prize, or redeem a prize for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value. Prize is awarded “as is” without any warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. The prize is subject to and a winner must abide by the prize providers’ terms and conditions of booking.
- General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the operation of the Sweepstakes, violates these Official Rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any person who seeks to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, the authorized account holder of the Twitter account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
- Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, their parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone, or network lines; (c) any errors on the Twitter platform that may prevent an entrant from entering or receiving direct messages; (d) printing errors; (e) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (f) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (g) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- Collection and Use of Your Personal Information: Sponsor may collect and process your personal information directly or through our agents or contractors. We will use your personal information as necessary in order to conduct and manage the Sweepstakes, and, where we have a lawful basis to do so, to send marketing communications to you. We may disclose your personal information to our related companies, agents, and contractors to assist in conducting and managing this offer, communicating with you, or storing data.
Please see our Privacy Statement, https://www.expedia.com/lp/lg-privacypolicy, for more information about how we process your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.
- Disputes: You agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of Washington. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Washington, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Washington or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Washington.
- Results: To request a winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Expedia’s #TravelTheAds Sweepstakes,” Expedia, Inc., 1111 Expedia Group Way W., Seattle, WA 98119. Requests must be received within four (4) weeks of the end of the Sweepstakes Period.