Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Trondheim, which is also known for its shopping and cathedral. This city also attracts tourists with its cafés. Top sights in the city include Stiftsgarden Royal Residence, Museum of Decorative Arts, and Nidaros Cathedral.
- There are 27 hotels and other accommodations in Trondheim
- The closest major airport is in Trondheim (TRD-Vaernes), 16.2 mi (26.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Orland (OLA-Brekstad), 30.5 mi (49.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Trondheim
Cultural venues in the city include Museum of Decorative Arts, Sverresborg Trondelag Folk Museum, and Ringve Museum. The city is notable for its cathedral and landmarks like Stiftsgarden Royal Residence, Nidaros Cathedral, and Archbishop's Palace. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and City Syd is a favorite for retail therapy.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 27 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Trondheim. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Clarion Hotel & Congress Trondheim - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and quiet rooms.
- Scandic Nidelven - Our customers like the central location and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Scandic Bakklandet - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its central location and clean rooms.
Getting Around Trondheim
If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Trondheim Central Station, Trondheim Skansen Station, or Trondheim Marienborg Station. Trondheim may not have many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Trondheim
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 43°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 22°F
- From April to June, the average is 64°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 66°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 52°F as the daytime average and 26°F as the nighttime average
- About 1.30 inches of rain falls on Trondheim each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 63°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 25°F