Visiting Udon Thani
Visitors to Udon Thani are sure to enjoy the lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its cocktail bars.
- There are 154 hotels and other accommodations in Udon Thani
- The closest major airport is in Udon Thani (UTH-Udon Thani Intl.), 0.4 mi (0.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Vientiane (VTE-Wattay Intl.), 42.8 mi (68.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Udon Thani
The city is notable for landmarks like Krom Luang Prachaksinlapakhom Monument, Wat Phonthissomporn, and Wat Pa Ban Tat. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and these places to visit: Queen Sirikit Memorial Park, Prachak, and Nongprajak Public Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Udon Thani Rajabhat University and Udon Pittayanukool School.
In Udon Thani, there are 154 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Civilize Hotel - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and room size.
- At Home at Udon - Our customers like the central location and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and self-service laundry, along with free WiFi.
- Thanburi Hotel - This 3-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking, and a terrace. Expedia customers like its overall value and helpful staff.
Getting Around Udon Thani
To see more of the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Udonthani Railway Station or Udon Thani Nong Takai Station. Udon Thani might not have very many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Udon Thani
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 93°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 58°F
- From April to June, the average is 93°F during the day and 70°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 73°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 87°F as the daytime average and 57°F as the nighttime average
- Udon Thani gets about 2.64 inches of rain per year
- April and March are usually the hottest months averaging 92°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 59°F