Travelers to Utrecht give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its museums, cafés, and festivals. Around the area, top sights include Pyramid of Austerlitz, AFAS Live, and Amsterdam ArenA.
- There are 47 hotels and other accommodations in Utrecht
- The closest major airport is in Amsterdam (AMS-Schiphol), 21.3 mi (34.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Rotterdam (RTM-Rotterdam The Hague), 30.8 mi (49.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Utrecht
The city is well known for its museums and festivals, and cultural venues include Grocery Company Museum, Neude, and St. Catherine's Convent Museum. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Hoog Catharijne is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Town Hall and Oudegracht.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 47 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Utrecht. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Mary K Hotel - This 3-star hotel in Utrecht City Center features free WiFi, a café, and a terrace. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Boutique Hotel ZIES - Our customers love the central location and clean rooms at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Utrecht City Center can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi.
- Van der Valk Hotel Utrecht - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Zuidwest can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, quiet rooms.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Pyramid of Austerlitz, located 9.4 mi (15.2 km) from the heart of the city, and AFAS Live, which is 17.1 mi/27.4 km away.
Getting Around Utrecht
If you want to journey outside of the area, hop aboard a train from Utrecht Central Station, Utrecht Overvecht Station, or Utrecht Zuilen Station. Utrecht might not have very many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Utrecht
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 52°F during the day and 32°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 66°F, while the average at night is 39°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 73°F with nighttime averages of 48°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 62°F and nighttime averages of 36°F
- Average annual rainfall for Utrecht is 28.11 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 70°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 34°F