Visitors to Valdez are sure to enjoy the waterfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's glaciers and local tours.
- There are 9 hotels and other accommodations in Valdez
- The closest major airport is in Valdez, AK (VDZ), 13 mi (20.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Tatitlek, AK (TEK), 34.5 mi (55.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Valdez
The city's cultural venues include Maxine and Jesse Whitney Museum and Valdez Museum. Additionally, you might want to add Mt. Dimond to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Valdez. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Tsaina Lodge - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and comfortable rooms.
- Best Western Valdez Harbor Inn - Our customers like the bar and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Totem Hotel and Suites - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its central location and bathrooms.
Dressing for Valdez
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 40°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 19°F
- From April to June, the average is 62°F during the day and 27°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 62°F during the day and 38°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 49°F as the daytime average and 20°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Valdez is 68.98 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 61°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 20°F