Visitors can enjoy all that Varkaus has to offer including the churches, festivals, and live music. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, art, and monuments.
- There are 5 hotels and other accommodations in Varkaus
- The closest major airport is in Kuopio (KUO), 48.1 mi (77.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Varkaus
The city's cultural venues include Art Centre Vainola and Taipale Canal Museum. Additionally, you might want to add Water Tower Sightseeing Platform to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Varkaus. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Oscar - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and central location.
- Spa Hotel Kuntoranta - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 indoor pools and the ski slopes, along with free WiFi.
Getting Around Varkaus
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Varkaus Station. Varkaus might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Varkaus
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 38°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 8°F
- From April to June, the average is 70°F during the day and 24°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 71°F during the day and 39°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 49°F as the daytime average and 13°F as the nighttime average
- Varkaus gets about 1.14 inches of rain per year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 68°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 12°F