History buffs will enjoy exploring Vilnius, and visitors give high marks for the cathedral and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its museums and cafés. Top sights in the city include Vilnius Town Hall, Town Hall Square, and Gates of Dawn.
- There are 182 hotels and other accommodations in Vilnius
- The closest major airport is in Vilnius (VNO-Vilnius Intl.), 2.4 mi (3.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Kaunas (KUN-Kaunas Intl.), 52.3 mi (84.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Vilnius
Well-known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include National Museum of Lithuania, Lithuanian National Opera and Ballet Theatre, and Museum of Genocide Victims. Its historic sites and cathedral are notable and landmarks include Town Hall Square, Gates of Dawn, and Vilnius Cathedral. The picturesque setting of Gediminas Tower and Ungurys Lake exemplify the city's natural beauty.
In Vilnius, you'll be able to select from 182 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Grand Hotel Kempinski Vilnius - This 5-star hotel in Senamiestis features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and a restaurant. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and central location.
- Artagonist Art Hotel - Our customers like the central location and clean, quiet rooms at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Senamiestis can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi.
- Esperanza Resort - This 5-star hotel features a winery, a full-service spa, and a private beach. Expedia customers like its breakfast and pool.
Other favorite sights in Vilnius include Vilnius Town Hall, St. Peter and St. Paul's Church, and Kaunas Castle.
Getting Around Vilnius
If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Vilnius Station. Vilnius may not have many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Vilnius
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 44°F during the day and 18°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 71°F, while the average at night is 31°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 73°F with nighttime averages of 42°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 55°F and nighttime averages of 23°F
- About 25.20 inches of rain falls on Vilnius each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 71°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 21°F