Visiting Wake Forest
Visitors to Wake Forest are sure to enjoy the forests, shopping, and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's live music, university setting, and churches. Top sights around the area include North Carolina State Capitol and PNC Arena.
- You'll find 329 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Raleigh
- The closest major airport is in Raleigh, NC (RDU-Raleigh - Durham Intl.), 17.1 mi (27.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Wake Forest
The city's cultural venues include Wake Forest Renaissance Centre and Wake Forest Historical Museum. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary is worth a campus tour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are E. Carroll Joyner Park and Polar Ice House.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Wake Forest. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Raleigh / Town Of Wake Forest - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and convenient parking.
- Candlewood Suites WAKE FOREST RALEIGH AREA - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and convenient parking at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking, and a fitness center.
- Sleep Inn Wake Forest - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Lenovo, located 20.1 mi (32.4 km) from the heart of the city, and North Carolina State Capitol, which is 15.4 mi/24.8 km away.
Dressing for Wake Forest
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 68°F during the day and 26°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 89°F, while the average at night is 39°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 90°F with nighttime averages of 51°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 77°F and nighttime averages of 26°F
- Wake Forest gets about 45.71 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 89°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 27°F