Travelers to Wangan will find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 125 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Makung (MZG), 16.6 mi (26.7 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Wangan
Places to visit in the larger region include Twin-Hearts Stone Weir, Shanshuei Beach, and Shihli Beach. In the area, you'll also find Shuncheng Gate and Makung Old Wall.
As you plan your trip to Wangan, you might not find accommodations centrally located, but you can select from 125 lodging options within the bigger area. Here are places to stay in the area:
- Hotel Ever Spring is 15.4 mi (24.8 km) from the center of Wangan. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Magong can enjoy access to a conference center and laundry facilities, along with free WiFi.
- Sea Residences is located 15.4 mi (24.8 km) from the heart of Wangan. This 3-star bed & breakfast in Magong features free WiFi, free parking, and free airport pick-up.
- MF Hotel Penghu is 15.4 mi (24.8 km) from central Wangan. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Magong can enjoy access to a restaurant and a fitness center, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and central location.
Dressing for Wangan
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 79°F and the nighttime average to be 62°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 69°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 75°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 85°F during the day and 63°F at night
- Wangan gets about 1.93 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 63°F