Visiting West Jefferson
Visitors to West Jefferson are sure to enjoy the mountain views and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's churches and cafés.
- You'll find 574 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Boone
- The closest major airport is in Abingdon, VA (VJI-Virginia Highlands), 38.6 mi (62.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in West Jefferson
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the mountain views and Mount Jefferson State Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Saint Mary's Episcopal Church and Mountain Aire Golf Club.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 31 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in West Jefferson. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Buffalo Tavern Bed & Breakfast - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Holiday Inn Express West Jefferson - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Park Vista Inn - This 2-star motel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for West Jefferson
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 58°F during the day and 20°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 80°F, while the average at night is 32°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 81°F with nighttime averages of 43°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 69°F and nighttime averages of 21°F
- About 43.94 inches of rain falls on West Jefferson each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 80°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 22°F