Visiting West Point
History buffs enjoy visiting West Point though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's university setting, football games, and riverfront.
- You'll find 78 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Newburgh
- The closest major airport is in Newburgh, NY (SWF-Stewart Intl.), 9.3 mi (15 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Danbury, CT (DXR-Danbury Municipal), 25.3 mi (40.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in West Point
The university setting is a highlight of the city and United States Military Academy is worth a campus tour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Eisenhower Hall Theater and Michie Stadium.
This is a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Thayer Hotel - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for West Point
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 52°F during the day and 14°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 81°F, while the average at night is 31°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 83°F with nighttime averages of 44°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 68°F and nighttime averages of 17°F
- Average annual rainfall for West Point is 44.72 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 81°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 17°F