Visiting Bear Mountain
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Bear Mountain, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the mountain views and lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's shopping and breweries.
- You'll find 75 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Newburgh
- The closest major airport is in Newburgh, NY (SWF-Stewart Intl.), 14 mi (22.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in White Plains, NY (HPN-Westchester County), 22.6 mi (36.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Bear Mountain
The city's mountain views, hiking trails, and lakeside provide a picturesque setting, and places to visit include Bear Mountain State Park. In the area, you'll also find Charles Point Pier Park and Manitoga The Russel Wright Design Center.
Below is a top rated place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Overlook Lodge at Bear Mountain - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and overall value.
Dressing for Bear Mountain
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 52°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 14°F
- From April to June, the average is 81°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 68°F as the daytime average and 17°F as the nighttime average
- Bear Mountain gets about 44.72 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 81°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 17°F