Visiting New Windsor
Families will find kid-friendly activities in New Windsor, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and scenic, this city will delight tourists with its shopping, lakeside setting, and coffeehouses.
- You'll find 76 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Newburgh
- The closest major airport is in Newburgh, NY (SWF-Stewart Intl.), 3 mi (4.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Danbury, CT (DXR-Danbury Municipal), 31.1 mi (50 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in New Windsor
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and Kristi Babcock Memorial Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are National Purple Heart Hall of Honor and New Windsor Cantonment State Historic Site.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in New Windsor. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Homewood Suites Stewart Airport - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and pool.
- Days Inn by Wyndham Newburgh WestPoint/Stewart Intl Airport - Our customers like the overall value and convenient parking at this hotel. This 2-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Econo Lodge Near Stewart Inter - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean rooms.
Dressing for New Windsor
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 52°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 14°F
- From April to June, the average is 81°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 68°F as the daytime average and 17°F as the nighttime average
- New Windsor gets about 44.72 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 81°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 17°F