Visitors can enjoy all that Winsford has to offer including the coffeehouses, restaurants, and lakeside setting. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming and rural setting. Chester Zoo, Norton Priory Museum, and Chester Cathedral are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 550 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Liverpool (LPL-John Lennon), 17.2 mi (27.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Manchester (MAN), 17.3 mi (27.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Winsford
Chester Zoo, Norton Priory Museum, and Chester Cathedral are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. Additionally, you'll find Grosvenor Museum in the area.
Here's a top rated place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- New Farm Bed and Breakfast Cheshire - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and quiet location.
Getting Around Winsford
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Winsford Station. Winsford may not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Winsford
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 52°F and the nighttime average to be 35°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 67°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September averages 68°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 60°F during the day and 36°F at night
- Winsford gets about 34.13 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 67°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 36°F